<<=Memories Revived=>>

This blog is created and occasionally updated by John Pang. This blog holds the memories of camps and maybe some other stuff worth remembering. there may also be some extras occasionally. =)

Friday, November 20, 2009

Wedding Pavillion experience

11 november 2009

it has come to a point where everything has become more or less routine. all that has happened has happened before. or anything new, seems rather small. now, i would try to talk about my spiritual life instead. during the past few weeks, God has come to be especially real to me. not because many wondrous things have happened, or that i can really feel God's blessings. it has instead been a low time. i cant see God's work bearing fruit yet, but i certainly can feel God working now. i cant say exactly what caused the difference. i could maybe say, blind faith.

One rather changing event was on last wednesday, when i had to do a learning opportunity that i had signed up for. this time it was held at the wedding pavillion, learning about the wedding packages that disney can provide. that day i saw the timing wrongly, and i turned up at 9am instead of 10am when it starts. The wedding pavillion is a really beautiful place, a tiny island close offshore, very serene surroundings, and with the cinderella castle far in the background across the waters. To the wishful couples, it is a romantic place to get married and have their wedding photoshoots. But for me, the beautiful and quiet environment was a good setting for me to use the extra 1 hour i had to spend time with God. It was as if God had planned that one-on-one session with me. after talking to God about all the problems and cares that were on my mind and letting God speak back to me, I got many things sorted out, truths revealed, perspectives changed and hopes lifted during that experience. I have come to call it 'the wedding pavillion experience'.

Indeed as it is said, it is during low times that you would turn to God more, learn to depend on and trust in Him. when things arent going well and you face disappointment after another, and nothing good is happening. i could have gone crazy or slipped into depression or just pass each day feeling hopeless, if i did not have God. i really had to take time everyday to reflect and talk to God, letting out all the negative emotions towards someone who is always there (if you believe); who knows exactly how i feel and what im going through, perhaps even more than i do; and who cares for me and will make sure that i am taken care of.
but when things are going all well, it is easy to forget about God. it is even more tragic if we were to think that it was all done on our effort and ability, not needing God at all. This low time could very well be a blessing to my spiritual life.
Now if God were to lift me up, pour out blessings on me and give a great upward turn on my circumstances, i would not become conceited, but look back on these low times, and remember who has supported me then, and brought me out of it.

What i need now is faith. I trust that God has a plan for me, that has me having much better circumstances than now. it is not God's will for me to lead a deprived life. all that im going through now is merely a stepping stone, or a chapter in the journey. i know for sure that i would be blessed by this Disney program experience that i feel God has put me in. It is nearly blind faith. God never told me that things would get better, but i trust that it would, based on how i know Him. at the same time i am not being conceited and think that i dont have to do anything, cause i am doing what i can on my part, given my circumstances. i know, such faith may seem stupid while i am going through this time and things still remain lousy as ever. but it has the very relieveing effect of dispelling worry, anxiety and hopelessness.
i just recently listened to the sermon on the SJC website called "how long, O lord." and yes, that has been one question that i have always asked, when i put my faith in God's timing and plans. How long, O Lord, must i wait till things get better? Of course, God never answers me on how long more i must wait. but when the time comes, i will know, with a surprise. such anticipation could actually be exciting.

My faith isnt strong; i probably would not have the courage to say all these if i did not logically see the hope of my circumstances taking a turn for the better. It is still something i have to work on, but i would say, it was something i hardly had before. Brothers and sisters in Christ, i hope that you could experience God greatly too, or share your experiences with me, and meanwhile keeping me in prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home